Monday 5 November 2012

Best start of a Swedish November ever!

November in Sweden is known for being a month that we'd rather just skip.. It's when we are starting to wonder if "summer" is an illusion, the sun ignores us and it's already in the beginning of the month completely dark outside at around 4 pm (with another 1½ months left when it's getting darker and darker for every day).

BUT! I am actually thankful for November, and the rest of the winter. Sure, we have long, dark winters but I don't know anyone that appriciates the spring and the summer better than Scandinavians. And the darkness is really nice too in it's own way. I mean, who would want to have Lucia in the sun?

Our course finished last week and we got a few days off before our next course that starts today. I think we wrote about 11 different papers on the last course, plus a bunch of other stuff, so it has been intense. Writing has always been my weak point so I'm glad I got to practice it. From today, we are going to learn about accounting and calculations which I am super excited about! It has been (VERY) nice to have a few days off but I can't go too many days off without missing school and all it's crazyness. Something that makes it even more fun is that I finally have lights on my bike! :D

Our church had our annual youth conference this weekend and one of my very good friends from Iceland came with his youth group. I went to bible school with him 6 years ago so I haven't seen him in 5 years so it was very emotional to see him again!

The application to an exchange year in America is almost done now as well.. Only half that applies gets to go so I don't know if I'll be able to go but I think I have a good chance. My first "dream" choice has, for two years now, been University of Texas in Austin. I looked through all the american Universities I can apply to and this one was also the one with the best nutrition courses! So we'll see hopefully in a few weeks what happens with that.

Hopefully I get to write more about nutrition very soon here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment