Wednesday 12 December 2012

Updates

I haven't given you an update in a while now, so here are a few things..

With only two and a half weeks left on this year, I won't complete my goal of running 1000 km that I put up in the end of February. I have 349,6 km left of those and I have had problems with my knee since the end of June and it's still not good so unfortunally I haven't been able to run much at all since then. It's okay though, there are plenty of other things to do :)

Life has been hectic this semester, which I knew it would be before it started. It has been really nice studying something harder and more challenging than the course I took last spring. Or it hasn't really been harder, it has just been so much more to study. For the next spring, I will be taking a physiology and anatomy course which will be half time studies. I also applied for a course in english for international healthcare but I found out today that I'm not accepted into that one (yet), but I'm one of the reserves.. It doesn't look very promising, considering the reserve number I got, but in case I don't get in, I still have three other smaller courses that I got accepted at.This all means that I will quit my program after the course I'm currently taking and from now on put together the rest of the program myself as I don't believe the original program is good enough and won't take me where I want to get.

I will find out by the end of next week if I got in on the exchange year in America or not. I have applied for University of Texas, Purdue University and University of Miami - all three has really good nutrition courses. There has never been so many people applying for the exchange year in North America as this time but I know I have done everything I could so now it's all in God's hands. If it doesn't happen then I am certain that God has something else that he rather wants me to do so a no will not make me sad in any way. I overheard a few people in school talking about the application and one of them had got an interview with the international office at the University about it and the other one said that it's probably a good sign as it will only be about 10 people that will get accepted without going to an interview.. I didn't get an interview so if those people were right, I need to be one of those 10 people in order to get accepted.




Last weekend I went to a manifestation for Israel and against how the newspapers write about Israel. It was extremely good and I would really encourage you to read the speaches that they had there:

http://kimmilrell.com/2012/12/11/enough-is-enough-dmitri-vassermans-tal/

http://kimmilrell.com/2012/12/11/enough-is-enough-llya-meyers-tal/

And pictures:

http://kimmilrell.com/2012/12/09/manifestation-stockholm-2012-12-09/

As many of you know, Israel is so close to my heart. It was very touching to be a part of the manifestation and it was very hard not to cry as I saw so many people holding Israeli flags. And speaking of Israel, I have a friend from Israel who is coming here in two weeks which I am super excited about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment