Friday 13 April 2012

Some honest thoughts + bibleverses

To be honest, some moments I doubt that God will fulfill his will in my life. I want to be used by Him and make a difference in this world more than anything else. When I doubt, if I can put it that way, I think that it's all up to me to get it fulfilled and I see my weakness and all the things I've done wrong. When I'm in those moments, God reminds me that it's not me who will get it fulfilled because I can't! I can only do it in Gods strenght. When God tells us to do something, he will also give us the tools needed for it, even the faith for it. God has shown me a few bibleverses concerning this that are so awesome that I'd like to share them with you.

When I feel that my past sins (that I've asked for forgivness for about a million times) are in the way for God to use me (one of my absolute favourite bibleverses):
Ps 103:10-14
He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.

When I think my life will be boring or when I dream, what I believe are really high dreams, God says that His ways for me are even higher! :
Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  

Phil 4:13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Matt 19:26b
“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

1 Tess 5:24 (the swedish translation says: and he will also fulfill his work)
The one who calls you is faithful, and HE will do it. 

2 Tim 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time..


There's obviously many many more awesome bibleverses. I think extra much on things like this when I have a lot in school. I love studying and I thank God for this opportunity, however, it's not always easy to sit hours and hours studying about molecules, phenol components and myofibrils when there's a world out there that are starving, hurting and broken down..

Ps. they finally had fermented cabbage in the store today - it made my day :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment