Wednesday 2 May 2012

Updates

A lot is happening in Uppsala this time a year and the weather has been soooo great for a few days now which I don't think anyone who has been through a swedish winter takes for granted! I'm almost scared that I don't enjoy it enough because I know so well that I can not take a single minute for granted.

Monday was valborg, which is huge in Uppsala. I read somewhere that there's over 100 000 that celebrates it in Uppsala so it's packed with people where ever you go. I tried to find friends many times but it was just impossible. Me and my sister went to see the rafting in the morning and went around with church in the evening downtown. For you who don't know what valborg is, it's a day when we celebrate that the winter is over and we have big bonfires in the evening, barbeques through the day etc.. Most people would drink champagne and eat strawberries for breakfast and then drink the rest of the day. So in that aspect it's not that fun that there's soooooo many drunk people everywhere but otherwise valborg is awesome!

And then yesterday was 1st of May which is a holiday here and we go out to demonstrate for different political parties. Me and my sister went with the christian democrates to demonstrate for that people should be able to choose if they want to stay home with their kids when they are young or not. Right now it's very hard for parents to do that and the state is trying to "force" all families to put the kids on the daycare as early as possible. I strongly believe that you should be able to make that decision yourself as parents and that parents are so important for the kids and no one else can replace them. So that was fun! And then I went to see a couple of friends from school to just sit in the sun by the river :) It was really great.

School is going pretty slow right now, it's not much to do.. So not so much to say about that.

I've also booked tickets to go to USA this summer again! I wasn't sure if I was gonna go but has thought about it since I decided not to go to Israel and then I went out for a run, got filled with endorphines and was so happy so I decided that I'm gonna go and booked the tickets a few hours later! I'll be going to both Oklahoma and Texas this time for a whole month and I'm super excited :) Next year I just have to decide earlier so I get cheaper tickets because both this year and last year, I decided way too late. I should've learned that I just can't stay away from there.. I love it and I love the americans way too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment