Tuesday 12 March 2013

Purim party and bar mitzvah!

You are suppose to work hard and play hard. The last years I have worked hard but skipped the last part so now I'm catching up!
It was a couple of weeks ago that it was Purim here but because of the bombing between Gaza and Israel in November, the Universities in Be'er Sheva is a week or two behind as they couldn't go to school during the bombing, which means that their semester finished a few days ago and celebrated Purim this weekend instead. I got to go on the Purim party that one of the biggest universities in Israel had in Be'er Sheva which was sooo much fun! People were dressed as so many funny things.


University purim party



University purim party

University purim party

Bar mitzvah

Bar mitzvah food - sheep brain

Bar mitzvah party

The birthday/bar mitzvah boy

Bar mitzvah party!

Yesterday I went to a bar mitzvah which was my first one. I really want to go to all the jewish stuff and see how they do things so it was very interesting to go. It was nothing as I have ever seen in Sweden or any other place I've been to.. It's amazing how they can celebrate a kid turning 13!! We danced, ate (a lot!), put henna on our hands and danced with holding food over peoples heads. I don't know why they do that but I heard it's a moroccan tradition.
The weather keeps getting hotter and hotter as well and on friday it's suppose to be 34 (!!!!) degrees celcius! I'm spending a lot of time at the beach so I'm also starting to get a tan :)
It is only 2 days left for my first exam that I will do here so now I gotta get back to reality and then back to partying again on sunday when I will be going to my first Israeli wedding which I am obviously very excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment