Wednesday 27 March 2013

Wedding and pesach!

My exams are now done, for this time at least, and I got to do my last one at the swedish embassy here in Tel Aviv. I don't miss Sweden at all but it was still nice to meet some swedish people there and speak some swedish.

I have a very good friend here who takes me to all these jewish stuff so that I can see how it is like so last week he took me to his friends wedding which was a lot of fun and I also joined him and his family these last couple of days for pesach. Before pesach, the jews (or at least the religious ones) clean their houses very thoroughly so that there is no signs left of any unleavend bread or food of any kind. If something has been open before the pesach, they can't use that either. They also have to boil their cooking pans etc in a special way for the special pesach kosher food. You could see people doing that outside with a fire under it. As I have dreamed about coming here and experience all the jewish traditions, I see all of these things so interesting and I am so happy that I get to see it all through my local friends here.
The cleaning has to be done on the sunday and then they start celebrating pesach on the monday with a dinner with the family. They sing and read and eat - a lot. I must say I have never been on such loud family dinner before. It was soooo much fun! Today there was another one with barbeque.

My sister arrived today with her friend so now it's time for some more seightseeing for the next 1,5 weeks. Tomorrow we are exploring Tel Aviv and then on the evening we are going to Be'er Sheva to spend the night as my friend there will drive us the day after to the dead sea, the masada, ein gedi and more. It's still really nice here and I like this country more and more!











No comments:

Post a Comment