Wednesday 22 May 2013

Chocolate consumption and nobel prizes

Hey! I arrived in Sweden this morning. The trip has been great but it will take me a little while to go through my notes from the conference. Some lectures were way to hard to understand and pretty much all of the lectures were done fast (as in they talked fast and switched to the next slide on the power point too fast) but I have written down a lot of sources that I'm planning to look at later (after my exam in a couple of weeks).

For now, I will just show one funny and interesting picture of the correlation of chocolate consumption and nobel prize winners per country. This is what the New England Journal of Medicine write about the study: Chocolate consumption could hypothetically improve cognitive function not only in individuals but in whole populations. Could there be a correlation between a country's level of chocolate consumption and its total number of Nobel laureates per capita?

Correlation of chocolate consumption with Nobel Laureates (Image credit: New England Journal of Medicine)

Sweden is doing pretty good up there! I'm not so sure about that the chocolate is the main secret behind winning many nobel prizes though ;)

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMon1211064
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/the-curious-wavefunction/2012/11/20/chocolate-consumption-and-nobel-prizes-a-bizarre-juxtaposition-if-there-ever-was-one/

No comments:

Post a Comment