Thursday 9 May 2013

Updates

I am currently in Chicago right now and waiting for my flight to Portland. The flight here went so fast because I managed to fall asleep for almost 3,5 hours. There are many fun things that are going to happen on this trip so I'm very excited about it, however, I'm getting a little bit tired of travelling around and living in my suitcase. I wish I could just move to Israel and stay there :)

The planting in the garden at home is now done and I did both vegetables and herbs. Hopefully it will be a good summer now so that it all gets done before the summer is over!

For the herbs


I get so shocked every time I go to America because of their food and especially at airports. I tried to find something healthy to eat here but the only thing I could find were salads at one place. Other then that, there are only pizzas, sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers etc. I got this snack that was under a "healthy snacks"-sign, and the snacks still contained sugar (even though it also already contained several dried fruits that you would guess would be enough sweetness). It makes me really sad how little knowledge there is about what food is healthy. And obviously it's not only America but many other countries too, but if I'm honest, I haven't been to a country where I've seen it so extreme. All of this makes it a bit funny as I'm going here for a nutrition conference. It will be very interesting to see what they are saying and also to see what kind of food they will serve there. I'll write updates about it here. On monday and tuesday, I'm going to that IBS treatment center that I've written about before, so that I can sit with the doctors there and learn and on wednesday, the conference starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment