Sunday 24 February 2013

Tel Aviv, Tiberias and Be'er Sheva

Hey again!

The last days has been quite busy. Me and my friend went to Tel Aviv in the beginning of the week and then continued to Tiberias for one night. Tel Aviv was much nicer then I had thought. I have never been there before so that's why I didn't think of moving there but it was so nice with the beach and everything! We didn't do much in Tiberias as the boats for the sea of galilee only went in the morning because of not many tourists and we missed that boat, but it was still a fun short visit. We have been on a lot of buses and I really like them because they are so cheap and most of them also have free wifi.
After my friend left in the middle of the week, I went to Be'er Sheva again. I really like that city but maybe that is because I have a friend there that finds everything and I can go to the gym he works at. It is also cheaper there so I decided to do my hair and colour the roots which only costs about a third of the cheapest place in Sweden!
The weather was so good in Be'er Sheva (so much better than Jerusalem for some reason) so I got some tanning and laying in the park done. We also went to a beduin tent to eat some food which was a fun experience.
This weekend is also a holiday called Purim here and they are celebrating that Haman didn't kill all the jews in the book of Esther. People put costumes on so you see people everywhere now with these clothes. I didn't go all in but I did a little bit as you can see on one of the pictures below. We also went to a synagogue to hear them read the book of Esther and every time the name Haman was mentioned, everyone made noise so that his name wouldn't be heard. It was really interesting to go on that and see how they do it. The women had to sit seperated from the men so we were on the top floor but I could still see down to where they were reading. Because they made noise every time Haman was mentioned, it was also very easy to follow the text in the swedish bible :)
Now I am back in Jerusalem and will go to a church tonight. But other then that, it's about time for me to start catching up more seriously on my studies!!







No comments:

Post a Comment