Monday 27 June 2011

No pain, no gain

I love the expressions like "no pain, no gain" or nike's "just do it". It's not always easy and comfortable to work out, but if you don't "suffer" a bit, then you won't get any results. With that, I also have to say that you should do exercises that you like doing. If you do that, then you won't have as many days when you just have to decide to do it even though you don't feel like it. I'll give you an example. For two years ago, I was out of shape and my brother made me go on our work out machine we have at home, and until then, I'd never sweat so much and it was soooo hard! But he made me (practically forced me) to do 20 or if it was 30 minutes, full speed. Even though it was extremly hard, I'm glad he made me do it as I saw I could actually do much more than I ever thought.

Another example is when I went running yesterday. I decided to run 11 km, but the first 6-7 was pretty hard and in my mind I had decided that I would take a month break from running. But then I came into my "second breathing" and the last km's was the best in a long time! Sooo worth it and I didn't want to stop running but had to stop at 11 otherwise I'd been late to church. But it was so great!

Yesterday was a great day. I was spending most of it with my sister. Ate lunch with my parents and sister out in the sun. My sister and I also spend some more time in the sun which was so wonderful as I haven't really seen the sun since Texas 2 weeks ago. In the evening we went to hang out with my brother and we watched an old wife swap episode with "King Curtis" and 2 episodes of the office. I laughed so hard.

I'm having two more days off work now. Today I'll probably go out biking, read some of my nutrition books in the sun and get some other things done. I have a feeling I'll have some facts about nutrition to share tonight with you from the books.
My dad with his lunch
The ruccola! Starting to come up :)
Sister and brother
Me with our precious cat "royal, master of seduction"

No comments:

Post a Comment