Thursday 30 June 2011

Some concerns + my sugar fast

My dad knows a nutritionist (or whatever his "real" title is) that knows a lot when it comes to food/nutrition. He has taken care of many famous athletes when it comes to how they should eat etc and is one of Sweden's best. We discuss nutrition pretty much every day in our family and if there's anything we can't agree on, we normally ask dad what he thinks this nutritionist would say as he knows him very well and has learned a lot from him. This guy is extremly good and I have highly respect for his opinions in this.

After my last post, I asked my dad what he think the nutritionist would say about LCHF, as I already knew he has been sceptical to it. My dad said that the guy would probably say that it's too much animal fat and gives you too much omega 6.
My friends brother has also tried this diet and he got a heart attack. So, what I will do is that I will still try this diet because I also heard people saying their stomach problems went away, and that they feel so much better in many ways. But I will not eat as much animal fat/saturated fat as LCHF alouds but more polyunsaturated fat.

LCHF and our National Food Administration here in Sweden pretty much goes totally against each other in their recommendations. Personally I don't think either of them have the right solution.
For example. LCHF says lots of bacon is okay. Bacon is still pig and pig is not healthy at all. The National Food Aministration teaches us to eat 6-8 pieces of bread every day, which is obviously crazy.

It's not easy to know how you should eat when so many people give different recommendations. This really makes me want to do research and investigate in the future.

To another subject! After today, I've done half of my sugar fast! I decided to do the whole year and it's going really good. I still eat sugar when it's in normal food, so my fast only includes obvious sugar like cookies, candy, soda etc and also I wouldn't add sugar to anything. So now, I'm going to stop with sweeteners as well. Which means no more läkerol at work :( and no more gum! I'm excited though :)

1 comment: