Wednesday 1 February 2012

Honey instead of antibiotics


Swedish speakers:
http://www.svd.se/mat-och-vin/honung-klarar-envis-bakterie_6812971.svd

English speakers can translate it in google translate..

This article is about a study made in Cardiff. The study shows that small amounts of Manuka honey can kill 80 types of bacterias. The honey is also preventing infections. All honey is good but this one showed to be especially effective.

When I got a cold about a month ago, I ate golden kiwis (look at a post about that about a month ago) as I read that they can help a lot when you have colds, but as we had 2 cans of this honey at home, I started eating that as well. I'm not sure if it was the honey, the kiwi or both but I don't think I ever had that easy cold and I normally have really bad ones that lasts for at least 2 weeks. I've been eating it since then and unfortunally it's almost out and I don't think we will get more as they are very expensive. BUT if you ever get sick and it's hard to get away, maybe it'd be worth trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment