Saturday 16 July 2011

LCHF - my conclusions this far

I'm almost done with the book and I must say, I have defently changed my mind in some way when it comes to my view on food. First of all - You don't gain weight of natural fat. Second - You don't get sick of natural fat.

What I like about this book is that he shows so many studies and different proofs on these things, and it has made me understand that this is actually so much bigger and established than I thought. He tries to avoid calling it LCHF, but lowcarbdiet, because it's not a "new diet" but it has actually been around for a long time. If you think about it, people didn't drink/eat low fat or non fat things lets say 1000 years ago, or even 100 years ago. What is a new diet is all that fries and soda etc etc..

What I don't like about the book and the whole LCHF concept is that they seem to ignore/talk very little about other things than fat vs carbs. Like vitamins or minerals and that even though (for example) blueberries are not included in a strict LCHF diet, it would still be super good for you because of the vitamins and the antioxidants.


I have now tried this for 9 days (if i remember right) and that I decided I would do this for a month to try. I'm feeling great this far but I was a little dizzy and nauseous for a few days, which they say is normal the first week. I defently feel that my blood sugar is more in balanced, which means no lows but also no real highs, so I haven't felt I got as much energy as I normally would. But they also say this is normal for the first maybe 3 months.

I decided to continue in some ways after the test month, but not in the current extent. I will defently try to avoid carbs a bit more than before and eat more fat (and never buy a low fat product again) but I've always tried to eat according on how much vitamins and antioxidants a certain food contains and that is something I want to continue with. So even though LCHF says (for example) no vegetables that grows under ground, I will still eat those. I get the point why they say that but as I'm not overweight or have heart problems or diabetes, I don't have to be (or should be) so strict. I also believe that food is not only about how it's effecting your body, but also how it's effecting your "soul" (if you understand what I mean). You also need to enjoy your food. And sure, I'm enjoying the cream and butter but I also miss making a pie or a pizza or whatever.. But I would not do that every day.

Remember, it's your habits that is important, not your exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment