Saturday 23 July 2011

Norways 9/11

Tomorrow the conference at my church starts, which might mean really nice weather for a week. For some reasons we normally have great weather during that week (except from a couple of years). I can always feel Gods presence during these conferences so I'm super excited. Excited about what God will do in mine and other peoples life!

You probably know what happened in Norway yesterday. It made me think of the prophecy our pastor did on new years eve 7 months ago. I remember that he said something about that many terrible things will happen and that they will be closer than we think, and that they will effect us much more personally than we think.. (I don't remember the exact words)
I believe this thing has defently effected us scandinavians in a much more personally way (than many other things that has happened in the world the last years). I've always felt safe here in Sweden and it's so scary to see this happen to a country that has been ours, that is like our brother or sister and that is so close connected to us. My heart really goes out for Norway today. I can't believe that it.
Last number I saw, 92 people got killed, probably more. I did some calculations to find out how many that would be in american scale vs the norweigan scale if you understand what I mean. I wanted to do it to get a bigger understanding on how big this actually is. So, there's about 62 americans on 1 norweigan. 62 x 92 is 5772 people. The 11th of September 2001, 2996 people was killed. That defently shows how terrible this day is for Norway. They have now had their own 9/11..

Haven't had much time to read the new book yet so unfortunally no updates yet.. maybe later on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment