Friday 16 December 2011

Health behavior and mortality

Copied by permission from S.Bengmark

If anyone knows how to change my website so it looks better when I have bigger pictures - please tell me! I try to keep them smaller but it was hard to see the result of this studie when it was small so I kept it big.


This study shows the effect of avoiding these 4 negative points above; eating fruits/vegetables less than 3 times a day, exercise less than 2 hours a week, smoking and last drinking more alcohol then 112 grams for women or 168 grams for men per week. The study also shows the mortality for those who kept for example 1 of these or two etc as you can see. Let me know if it's hard to understand.
For one example, you can see that after 20 years, about 85 % of the people that had been unhealthy in all these 4 points was still alive compared to about 96 % for those who avoided all these 4 points (exercised more than 2 hours per week and so on).
I feel that this explanation is going on to long so I will stop now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment