Saturday 3 December 2011

So worth going!!!

I'm so glad I went on the health day today even though that meant less study time which I will have to push over till next week. I think my school is great in many aspects and it gives a "good" foundation in many things - but it is not up to date with new studies, or at least not what I've heard this far and therefore I think it gives a narrow perspective on things. That's why I want to go on these other lectures with other professors and researchers outside of school so I can get a broader knowledge and an even stronger foundation to continue building on.

Enough said with that.. For you who haven't read my blog since yesterday, I went away this weekend with dad to listen to Stig Bengmark in Falköping where he was teaching for 4 hours today. Stig is 83 years old, doctor and also working at the university of London. He spends 8-10 hours per day at looking at new research. If someone would know things about food and health - that would be him. Still no one knows everything but I have huge respect for what he says.

The best thing about the whole trip was that I got his whole powerpoint with me home (dad asked him :))!!!! It's over 300 slides and tons and tons of what different research has shown. I will start sharing a lot of that in the future here on the blog, at least once a week but hopefully more.

You have no idea of how excited I am about this because I really believe that people get inspired and wants to change when they know WHY they should. And with that I mean, not only knowing why you should eat for example fish, but also why and what it actually does in your body. I know myself that since I've started to learn more on a deeper level a few months ago exacly what "foods are doing in your body" - it has been easier to make more good changes.

What you eat matters so much. It matters so much for your health but also for the environment. We can therefore take care of both our bodies and our planet in the same time when we choose the right things to eat.

But remember! Changes doesn't come over night so don't give up but take one step at a time and also remember to enjoy the food you eat! It is not only nutrition but so much more.

I know I said I will write a summary of the lectures but because I actually got his powerpoints, it will come some bit by bit in future blogs.
And also, I'm tired now and have to get ready for tomorrow because I'm going to Stockholm with some friends on a christmas market and more. Good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment