Tuesday 23 August 2011

Basketball - Sweden vs Washington


Me and Whitley (the american girl who stays with us this year) went on a basketball game today here in Uppsala. I believe it is my first I've seen in Sweden as basketball isn't a big sport at all here.. It's really a shame because basketball is so much fun to watch!

It was women playing and it was a team from Sweden and one from Washington! We got a bit surprised when we heard that an american team would play here. It felt so great seeing the american flag right next to the swedish flag, hearing all the american accents and also the american national anthem and then right after hearing the swedish one. I started thinking about all my friends in the states, but mostly on my friends in Texas and the basketball game I was on there in November last year when the Dallas mavericks were playing against Detroit... If I had only known back then that Dallas would win the whole championship!

The game today was obviously not as big at all as the american games.. And not that many people either. But it was so much fun and as I said - it made me miss Texas so much. I even think my heart was physically hurting for a while there :)


the american team having a time out


so beautiful! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment