Sunday 14 August 2011

I'm confused..

It's hard to know what to do in life.. In Sweden, we normally wait a few years before we go to the university, so we can travel, explore life a bit and think about what we want to do the rest of our lives. Some start studying again right after high school but I would say that probably 90 % (or more) of my swedish friends didn't.

It seems like almost everyone in America goes to college right away and sometimes I must admit I feel behind in life when I'm there because of that even though I know I have done many other things instead. But here in Sweden most of my friends (or many at least) has still not gone to university and I also know many people that are not planning on starting either.

I don't believe university is for everyone. And I believe people can make it even if they don't have a high education. Many people were terrible in school but has really made it in this world. You shouldn't get an education just for the sake of it, but because it can take you where you want to go.

Hmm.. That was actually not at all what I had planned to write.. So now I'll change the subject a bit.

I know I'm passionated about nutrition. Mainly because I hope to be able to help people with it in the future. I don't want my kids or other kids to grow up on preservatives and cornstarch. I want to help overweight people. And normal weight people to eat better so they can get a healthier life so they can live longer and do more for this world.
But I feel my heart won't be satisfied with doing only this the rest of my life. My heart is still burning for other things. Mainly Israel and the middle east as I've mentioned before. I love Israel and jewish people so much that I have a hard time not crying when I think about it/them. I would defently say I'm more passionated about Israel than I am about nutrition or anything else. Nutrition is not life, but it's important so you can be able to live life.

Today at church, they spoke about that many times God wants what we want, because he put that longing in us. That gives me hope, that my other dreams will come true some day. But it also makes me confused about if I'm really doing the right thing now with school. A big part of my heart just want to study hebrew and the jewish culture instead. But at the same time, I'm so passionated about nutrition.. AAAhh I'm so confused! I wouldn't know what to work with when it comes to Israel anyways, I just want to learn everything about it.

I will always remember one thing from bibleschool (and many other things obviously) and that is when Joakim said that it's impossible for God to lead us in the right direction if we are standing still and doing nothing. Just as a boat, if it's standing still, you can't turn it anywhere, but as soon as it's starting to move, even if just a little, you can start turning it in the right direction.

That's how I feel now. I'm taking a step and if God wants to correct my direction a bit then he is welcome to. My goal is not to have a full degree just for the sake of it, but to do what God wants me to do and to be where he wants me to be.

And now a totally different direction of this post. Sugarfree swedish chocolate balls!

2,5 dl (1 cup) oats
50 grams of butter (I believe that's one stick for you americans)
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1 tablespoon of honey (sure, not the absolute best but defently better than the sugar that it's suppose to be in this recipie and it will also give you some antioxidants)
1 tablespoon of cold coffee

Mix it all together, do balls and put coconut on them and it will taste just as normal ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment