Wednesday 24 August 2011

Finally! Gym and school is on!


Me outside the main university house
I've been counting the days for a few things lately. One thing is how many work days I have left and I now only have 1 more day left which is on saturday. I have mixed feelings about that because I really like my job and my coworkers and I will really miss them.. but obviously it will be so wonderful that I won't have to go up in the middle of the night to go to work.

A part of the new gym


Another thing is when the gym will open up again after they have renovated it. Apperently it opened two days ago already but I thought it would open yesterday and I wasn't able to go then so finally today I went! I was so excited but as soon as I started, I could feel how unfit I am compared to 3 months ago. The gym was really nice though and I started off softly so I won't get hurt or sick. So now after one month of not working out at all and 5 pounds later - I'm back on track again :) Speaking about the gym, if you have any good work out music - please tell me the names of them because I am in desperate need of new exercise music.

And the third thing is school. The classes doesn't start until monday but today we had registration so I got to meet my new classmates for the first time! I have had a little contact with a few of them on facebook so we exchanged our numbers and we will be meeting again on friday when there's a welcoming day on the university for all the new students. I read that there is over 19 000 NEW students so I don't know how all will fit in the university house? My sister showed me around school so it feels good now that I know where to go on my classes. I have lived here for 20 years and as Uppsala is a student city, it will be so exciting to explore that part of it finally.

For you americans - we have a thing in Sweden called "nollning" and that is students that has been here for a year already that does things for the new students - fun things so we can get to know each other and also embarrasing things. Embarrasing for us new ones that is. You can see those ones everywhere downtown now and next week it will be our turn! I'm excited to see what they have planned. Our "nollnings" theme is "Make love, not war".


The biomedicine centre - where my classes will be

The lunch menu at school... notice the english translation of färs - mice...should have been minced obviously :)


Me confused as my sister tried to explain everything about the school building

And one last thing. My brother is a breakdancer and yesterday he got to perform at an event where our crown princess was. This was the second time he has performed for her, last time the whole royal family were there. I'm so proud of my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment